Monday, October 13, 2014

School of Style...The Review....

A few weekends ago I had the pleasure of attending class 1 at the School of Style.  I went in without any expectations only knowing that I would be learning about the glamorous world of styling.  I mean Rachel Zoe got a TV show and basically her entire empire from dressing people how hard could be right?  Boy, was I in for a surprise!  The class was taught by Luke Storey, who probably has one of the most colorful personalities of any teacher I have had in my life.  His style of teaching is no nonsense and is focused only on what you will need to maneuver through a career as a stylist.  There is absolutely no sugar coating and the best part is that Luke has made all the mistakes for his students throughout his career and teaches only what you need to know.  There is no calculus, biology, or history here!  I would absolutely recommend this class to anyone that knows that they want to be a stylist for a living and even those that are on the fence.   Unlike a traditional university it only gives you the meat and potatoes of what you need to start and keep a career in styling.  The only challenge that I have to say about the class is the amount of time you spend learning and going forward they will only be offered in NYC and LA, for now.  The class goes all day from 9:00am to about 6:00pm, there is a break for lunch and a few bathroom breaks in between but it is a very long day and a lot of information to take in.   If you have any questions please ask below.  I am happy to talk about my experience from class one.  I hope you are as inspired as I was.


The next class is in LA, next month,  there is a banner to the right click the link to sign up, space is limited so sign up early!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)