Monday, February 4, 2013

Blockin....

Are you still color blocking?  I found this little dress at Forever 21 a couple months ago and the first time I wore it, it was sans accessories.  This time around I wanted to mix it up a bit and belted it to give it a little more shape instead of wearing it as a loose shift.  The dress pretty much stands on its own and doesn't need much extra so slouchy black boots and a black coat were the perfect compliments.

Style Tip:  Do you have a loose shift dress that you want to change the look of?  Belt it!  I prefer a skinny belt, since it allows you to blouse your dress over it a little better than a wide belt.  Its such a great way to give your dress a completely different look without breaking the bank.  For more belted shift inspiration, Priscila over at the My Showroom Blog, here, is the queen of belting a shift!




Forever 21 Dress, Fossil Coat (old), Marc Jacobs Purse, Jessica Simpson Boots, Michele Watch, Nordstrom Bracelet, Forever 21 Earrings, Warby Parker Jules Sunnies


6 comments:

  1. Can't believe that's a Forever 21 dress. I love the entire outfit, especially the boots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress. The olivey-green color is so pretty. I like how classy your look is with the pea coat!

    xoxo
    http://www.thewrittenrunway.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute dress and boots!



    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate wearing shift dresses without a belt because I feel like it covers up my whole body and makes me look like I am wearing a sack, but belted always looks better on me! You look super cute. Love that last picture you are totally working it!
    thisiskatefunk

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)