I loved this DIY that was in Who What Wear this week. It's a great way to take a not so cool pair of basic heels, right into one of the latest trends for shoes. I haven't tried it yet but it seems pretty easy and only requires 5 items plus your shoes to create this fresh update. There are 2 versions of the bow, so you can pick which one suits your personality best, the below is my favorite.
1. Cut two pieces of leather into strips: the first one should be approximately 7" x 1.5", the second one should be approximately 4" x 1.5". (You can go bigger or smaller depending on how large you want the bow to be.)
2. The longer piece will serve as the base of the bow. Place this piece in front of you, horizontally, with the colorful side of the leather facing down.
3. Starting at the outside edge, fold the leather strip into thirds, gluing each side down with your hot glue gun. The final bow should be approximately 4 inches long, but again, you can make it bigger or smaller to your taste.
4. Next, you will create the bow's knot! To do this, take the smaller piece of leather and fold it around the center of the bow. When you've positioned it correctly (make sure the seam is in the back!), use your hot glue gun to secure it to the bow.
5. While the glue on the bow is drying, cut two small pieces of Velcro, measuring 2" x 1" each.
6. Using the hot glue gun, attach one small piece of Velcro to the back of the bow, in the center. Then glue the opposite side of the piece of Velcro to the center/top of your shoe, where you want the bow to be placed.
7. Repeat steps 1-6 for the second bow.
8. Finally, stick your new bows to your shoes and voila! Flat, ladylike bow heels à la Louis Vuitton!