Friday, March 19, 2010

The Ultimate Closet: Haute Hippie

I found the cutest top at Nordstrom Rack last weekend. It was like nothing that I had ever seen before and was by this brand called Haute Hippie. I tried it on only to find that most of the beading was coming off and the asking price was 150.00 which was a little too much for damaged goods in my book. I have been looking high and low for the shirt at another retailer without much luck. It must a couple of seasons old at this point if it was at the rack. Ah well, there are always cute things to buy right. Anyway to much to my surprise as I was checking my email today and Shopbop did a web video with the designer of Haute Hippie, Trish Wescoat Pound. She talks about her line being eclectic, layered, and accessorized. She also talks about the importance of buying key pieces for your wardrobe and building off of them. Lastly, layer, layer, layer, which she also calls mixing ingredients which is just to concept of taking the key pieces in your closet and mixing them with new pieces to make your wardrobe look fresh and new. You can check out the video here. I hope that you get inspired to add a little sparkle to your life......







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)