Monday, July 2, 2012

Peplum......

I came across this top at J Crew a few months ago but with a price tag of over 200 bucks it was way out of my budget.  Fast forward to a couple weekends ago and a couple of markdowns later combined with an additional 30% off and it ends up on its way home with me.  Not only I was doing the happy dance all the way home, it was the first peplum in my wardrobe.  I decided that my blogger finale was the perfect time to break this top out.  Its perfectly dressy casual and I love it in every way.

Style Tip:  Do you peplum?  These tops are so versatile and very figure flattering.  The key to wearing this style is to keep the look continuous from top to bottom.  What I mean by this is you should make sure that there is no bare skin btw the bottom of your top and the top of whatever you choose to wear on the bottom.  For another option I love the way Blair paired her top here!





J Crew Top and Bracelet, J Brand Denim, Jessica Simpson Heels, Pam Hiran necklace, Michele Watch and Clutch

**Giveaway Winner is......God's Favorite Shoes!!!!  Please email me to claim your prize.  For those of you that wanted to know my blouse was Equipment and the slacks were Haute Hippie.**

26 comments:

  1. VERY cute! i just love your looks (both here and instagram).

    ~nic
    www.nics-picks.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the entire look, especially that you paired the top with leopard heels! :)

    Amberly D'Anna
    www.asliceofglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute! I just made a peplum top. Now I want one like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this look! Its so effortlessly Chic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This top and entire outfit looks fabulous on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look! Beautiful! Loving the hair too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your hair! this is such an adorable outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute top, I like it paired with the slim jeans, very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just found you blog today. Please tell me who does your hair. I have been looking for a stylist for my natural hair. Thanks so much... have a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do my hair myself. I go to a stylist about 3-4 times a year for a trim but this is pretty much all me. :)

      Jen

      Delete
  10. SHUT UP! I won! whoop whoop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Chicago, I sent you an email the day that I won. Check your junk mail, maybe it's there:) godsfavoriteshoes@yahoo.com

      Delete
    2. I meant Chica not Chicago lol

      Delete
  11. I love this look, the top and shoes are too fab!!


    Carsedra of:

    http://www.embracingtherealme.com/

    http://sweets4yourtooth.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous look on you! love the hair too :)

    Chioma
    www.CsEvolutionofStyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this ensemble, dear! I love peplum too because I am so thin, it adds "body", lol! :)

    CCG
    Ccurlgirl.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Loving the subtle mix of prints!!! Gorgeous!

    aptstylediva.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you mixed your pattern top with the animal print shoes...HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like how you combined the pieces... it is classy and hot at the same time.. love it. And the shoes are my favorite!

    andradorolti.blogspot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow amazing style!

    www.thevstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous top! Can I also say that your hair is FIYA!?! Its so beautiful!!!

    xoxo

    Reign

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love this! Gorgeous!

    -Kris

    www.thekrisbliss.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those shoes 0_0 HOTTT!!!! wouldn't think of wearing them with that blouse but mama you rock this outfit to da max! And you are soooo beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  21. SUPER CUTE outfit!! Found your blog via The Feisty House blog. I'm a new follower :)

    XoXo,
    Ashley
    ASassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  22. GREAT GREAT STEAL! That's awesome! I love the bold colors of this top, and it looks so amazing on you! And great pairing with the dark wash jeans
    Shasie of Live Life in Style

    ReplyDelete
  23. Purchase your authentic luxury brand name watch at a LARGE discount online at Authentic Watches.

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)