Tuesday, February 23, 2010

My GILTy Pleasure


Calling all online bargain shoppers….Calling all online bargain shoppers….. So I have to admit, everyday, I receive an email from this not so new website called Gilt Groupe, an online designer clearance shopping destination. I have to say that they've had some really cool designer wares, and home goods at some great deals. I haven’t actually purchased anything, as the only thing holding me back is the return policy. Yes, its one of those Forever 21 esque return policies where once you have spent the money you don’t get it back but you can exchange for something else. I am definitely one of those people that likes to have the chance to change my mind should something not fit quite the way that I wanted it to, esp if I can’t try it on before prior to making the purchase. Hence my dilemma, however, if you are more of a risk taker that loves the thrill of the chase then this site is for you. I do have a few tips that I have learned from window shopping this site daily:

1 You must sign up on the Gilt Website to receive the email.
2 Make sure you look at what you want to buy before 11am CST, make a list if possible
3 You MUST log on right at 11am to purchase your wants, esp. if it’s a popular designer that day, or your item is sure to sell out. **Remember the early bird gets the worm**
4 Also take a look at the entire email, or website and at the bottom you will find a very useful calendar of upcoming designers whose products will be on sale that week.
5 IMPORTANT: Remember the return policy, you can return but ONLY for STORE CREDIT…..

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I love Gilt too. I'm like you I can't wait until I get my next e-mail. Although I must admit it has only been window shopping no real purchases yet :(

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)