Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The Food Trailer Revolution!

This past week I had the pleasure of taking a couple days off of work to head to Austin and San Antonio. I love both cities and they are each so unique but I am a little partial to Austin as I lived there for 5 years. For the few days that I was there all that the news talked about was the Gypsy Picnic, which was a chance for all Austinites to sample the offerings from the food trailers that have become increasing popular around the city. I wasn't able to attend but I did make it a point to stop by one of these trailers to see what all the hype was about. I chose to give The Mighty Cone trailer a whirl. Overall the food was just ok, the fries were cold, I have a pet peeve about getting cold food from a restaurant, trailer or not.  It was definitely worth trying though.  Have you been to a food trailer?






7 comments:

  1. amazing pictures ... love the colors

    http://robertoderosa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so delish! I totally would have been there, yum! XX!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun post! I adore it! Thanks for following velvet cupcakes. I am now a follower of yours too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. torchy's is my favorite!
    annie
    www.paiduptop.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!! So are you from Texas!!?? I am from Houston but I absolutely adore Austin and it is so funny I took a bunch of outfit photos here at this very stand! They are actually all on my blog!
    I am going to Austin this weekend and I cannot wait to hang out on South Congress as I just love it down there, I am glad to find your blog and I am def following!!

    XX

    Stop By and Say Hi:D
    Come Enter My Giveaway and Win a Free Personal Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! The food trailer revolution! There are some pretty amazing food trailers where I live in Portland OR - I especially love the tomato tapenade sandwich you can get downtown (mozzarella slices, tomato puree, fresh French baguette).
    Great blog, keep up the good work!
    x

    P.S. I'm hosting a Marc Jacobs giveaway - you can enter it here http://theblogofobsessivecoolness.blogspot.com/2010/11/marc-jacobs-giveaway.html if you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)