Monday, November 22, 2010

A Little Organization Can Go A Long Way...

Since moving into my house a little less than a year ago, I have had this very large pile of "Important Papers" sitting on the floor of my office.  I knew that I needed to find a way to be more organized and originally thought I wanted a file cabinet, but after a little more thought didn't want to have such a traditional accessory.  I was in Ikea last week and saw a piece of furniture that I knew would be perfect.  I went in yesterday loaded it up in the car, yes all 90 lbs by myself, and assembled it last night.  Its the perfect addition to my office and will get all the paper off my floor, now that I have an actual area to store things.  I will probably buy 2 more containers to fill in the top cubbies and I am thinking maybe some metal locker baskets for the bottom.  We'll see how it goes, its a work in progress....

 BEFORE:


AFTER:

P.S. - If you are interested, I made the inspiration frames on the wall, see directions in the post here.

7 comments:

  1. Love an Expedit. I too put mine together by myself. Greeat way to organize.

    http://singaturestyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I keep meaning to do an inspiration board, thanks for reminding me!

    You are SO welcome at DJA :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shelve thing is really cool... simple and sophisticated. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hay :) You have a great blog! Am now following and hope you follow back ^_^
    francesca (opinionslave.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  5. like the simplicity in decoration, minimalism always works!




    LA

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved the inspiration frames, such a great idea!

    Many kisses,
    Froso from Style Nirvana

    ReplyDelete

If you like what you see...please click and follow me :)